RTE is a fundamental right and its rightful implementation, therefore, becomes extremely important. To ensure that RTE reaches out to each and every child there is, the government of Maharashtra – quite like every other state government – issues a list mentioning the admission of the student for a certain academic year.
But before we get into the details, what is the RTE?
RTE basically is the Right to Education and is considered to be a fundamental right. This right makes sure that each and every child, irrespective of gender, caste, creed or economic status, end up receiving compulsory primary education up to the age of 14.
According to the RTE for 2020-21, students who come under the RTE Act 2009 would be eligible to get admission to a nearby school for free. In every RTE approved school, 25% of the seats are reserved for RTE students.
How can you apply for the RTE Maharashtra admission 2020-21
- You would need to visit the RTE admission https://student.maharashtra.gov.in/ and click on Online Application once the site loads
- You then would have to click on New Registration
- You would be expected to fill in the complete details of the child you need admission for
- Fill in all the required details and upload the soft copies of the documents required
- Before you finally get around hitting the “submit” button, recheck all your details and once you are reassured that all’s well, you can submit your application.
Education is the only way one can finally break the cycle of decades of poverty. When studded with the power of education, no dream is unachievable and the RTE helps you soar to those heights.