Over the past year, people have realised the importance of better healthcare and the issues that can arise if the healthcare sector is not prioritised. It is no surprise that ever since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, governments all over the world have directed efforts and resources towards improving healthcare and creating awareness in the minds of the people that healthcare should be a priority in every household. To emphasise the point more, the government of Madhya Pradesh announced the MP Mukhyamantri Karamchari Swasthya Bima Yojana 2021.
About the MP Mukhyamantri Karamchari Swasthya Bima Yojana 2021
The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to initiate the scheme which aims to benefit roughly around 12 lakh 55 thousand staff personnel and functionaries. The Scheme would essentially provide medical facilities of up to ₹5 lakh per annum and up to ₹10 lakh per annum for treatment of serious medical ailments to each family.
The state government, through the implementation of the scheme, aims to ensure the Right to Health to each and every employee working in the state government. The poor in the state would have their medical needs met by the Ayushman Bharat Yojana or MP state government health insurance scheme.
Process to apply for the Karamchari Swasthya Bima Yojana
The applicant who wishes to register for the scheme has to follow this process:
To login, the applicant has to visit the official website: https://www.mptreasury.org/
The user ID is the Treasury Unique Employee Code whose password can be obtained from the Drawing and Disbursing Officer (DDO) or Password can be reset through OTP of the mobile number entered in IFMIS.
After the login is done, follow these steps:
- HRMIS -> ESS (Employee self service) -> E-profile -> Family detail
- Enter details of the family member(s) like name, date of birth, relationship with the employee, bank details, education, member’s address, etc. Information can be entered and uploaded along with scans of documents attached
- Click on “Add” in order to add more members
- Finally, click on submit.
The request will then be sent to the Verifier’s task list in the hierarchy. After approval, the process of adding or updating a family member will be completed.
Who can avail of the benefits of the MP Karamchari Swasthya Bima Yojana?
- Regular government employees
- All contractual employees
- Teacher cadres
- Retired employees
- Civil servants
- Full-time employees getting salary from a contingency fund
- Employees working in autonomous institutions of the state
Salient features of the scheme
The scheme benefits offered under the scheme are listed here:
- Under the Health insurance scheme for government employees, patients will get free treatment or free medicine up to ₹10 thousand every year as OPD
- Each family will get free medical treatment up to ₹5 lakh per annum for general treatment
- Each family will get free medical treatment up to ₹10 lakh for serious treatments
Wrapping it up
Health insurance, in this day and age, has become a necessity. One needs to understand that it should not take a pandemic to realise the importance of good health. With the implementation of this scheme, government employees can now feel protected and looked after.