What started off as a training program for girls in Bhopal has now gained international and National traction, courtesy its generous and benevolent objective – providing digital expertise to young girls across the nation.
It started off on the 11th of October, while the country was in its 72nd year of independence; the Digital Laado initiative took wings. A Bhopal based Digital marketing institute, in close association with the state and central government, launched the scheme.
Reasons that led to the rise of the Initiative:
- Insecurity: Due to lack of awareness and societal issues, women usually felt insecure around technical equipments
- Familial restrictions: traditional families weren’t usually open to the idea of women having long hours of work, which was a usual outcome of technical job profiles.
- Set mindsets and stereotypes: Women were considered to be the secondary consumers of technology and hence considered unimportant.
Benefits of the training initiative
The Digital Laado, which is a government-recognised initiative, has now taken wings and reached the farthest corners of the nation.
Through this knowledge program, young girls and women can get access to the following:
- To get desirable jobs with affluent salaries
- Get job offers with multinational companies or even have freelancing opportunities
- Allows them to venture into the profitable world of entrepreneurship and start-ups.
- Helps them maintain a balance between personal and professional frontiers, thereby contributing to their quality of life.
The empowerment of women is a prime agenda of this scheme and through this women of India get the digital power in their hands. This contributes massively to the brighter future of the country.