With the onset of the Coronavirus and the subsequent lockdowns, farmers have had a really tough time selling the fruits of their labour. With no income and rising debts, the farmers usually find themselves in deep despair. Understanding the problems of the poor farmers, the government of Andhra Pradesh launched the YSR Rythu Bharosa scheme which aims to offer financial assistance to farmers with merely a click of a button.
Objective of the Scheme
These are the basic objectives of the government to have launched the Rythu Bharosa scheme:
- To help farmers by offering them financial assistance.
- To develop the agricultural sector in the country.
- For increasing overall crop production.
- To reduce the debt burden on the shoulders of poor farmers who do not even make enough to get them decent food on the table.
Phasing out installments under the AP YSR Rythu Bharosa scheme
The first installment offered by the Andhra government is in cooperation with the central government as well. The aim is to offer financial assistance to farmers who are finding it really difficult to get by with their days.
The first installment ensures offering ₹2,000 in the bank account of the respective farmers. Later, the government phases out the remaining amount of ₹5,500 in the bank accounts of the farmers.
The second installment:
The second installment offers the farmers with the second and the third amounts which are ₹4,000 and ₹2,000 in the months of October 2020 and January 2021.
Benefits offered to the farmers
- Farmers of the state will get a loan at zero percent interest under this scheme.
- ₹13,500 per year, ₹67,500 in five years will be offered as financial support to each farmer’s family.
- Tenant farmers will get ₹2500 per year.
- Farmers will get free electricity for nine hours a day under this scheme.
- The farmers will get a free borewell facility as well.
- Farmers need not pay any road tax for running their tractors.
- Cold storage units will establish all over the state to enable them to stock their produce fresh for longer.
- A premium of the insurance will be paid by the government.
- Pending irrigation projects will be completed.
Procedure to check the Rythu Bharosa status
- To check the status of your application, if you are a farmer in AP, you firstly need to visit the official website of the YSR Rythu Bharosa.
- From the home page, go to the menu bar and choose the “Payment status” option.
- There will be a new page appearing on the screen wherein you need to enter your aadhaar details.
- Enter the captcha code that comes up on the screen.
- Click on the payment status and your status will appear on the screen.
The YSR Rythu Bharosa scheme is a welfare scheme for farmers which will really help them carve out some respite for them from debts and uncertain weather. With assured financial backing, farmers can now fearlessly be ambitious about their endeavours and contribute largely to the national economy.